Friday, June 22, 2007

Teacher Gifts

I was on a mission to get my son Cameron's teachers gifts this year - well that was a royal pain in the hiney! LOL - too much work! It was fun making these though...

Bags made from Tags, Bags, Boxes and More using my little cricut bug - love how they turned out. I tried doing homemade rub-ons using transparency and my inkjet printer but it turned out blotchy. Heck I'm leaving it as is! I love those ball chains to hold the tags, the colors are so purty!!


What are in the bags you ask? Tada! All handmade crap - from left to right - cellphone/ipod charm using the teacher's first name initial. Made using wonderful shrinky dinks! Then embossed with holographic powder. The card inside where the charm is attached to is run through the cuttlebug with the word "thanks". Next up is the tiny lip balm - radically healing I might add - made with some tea tree oil for anti-fungal/bacterial effects and emu oil for the chapped lips healing effects (yes, I know it's summer but they can use it in a few months when fall starts!). Last but not the least, lollipop earrings! Made using polymer clay - this was my second go at it. The first batch didn't turn out so good. These aren't bad, not too happy with it. I'm researching on how to scent these little suckers (hehe pardon the pun). Once I'm happy with the turnout, I think they'll be my first showcased items in my etsy shop. Strawberry, blueberry, cotton candies oh my!


These ones are for my sister's sons' teachers. I'm supposed to make a bracelet for one of them but I haven't gotten to it yet. These are DVD tins altered with such purty flower papers and some of my fave Kelly Panacci papers. The monogram is homemade chipboard.


Inside are a junior legal pad (2 for a buck) - had to be trimmed to fit and an RSVP pen. Maybe I'll add a bookmark.


Phew - ay syet! That date at the bottom corner of this pic! It's my sister's bday today! Gotta go greet her.

No comments: