Saturday, July 21, 2007

Bamboo Tile Necklace

The bamboo tiles arrived sometime last week but didn't get a chance to do anything until a couple of days ago.
This paper really caught my eye, in dark blue/black background and white raised textures, patterns of flowers and others, I knew it was perfect for the necklace!

After applying the mod podge to adhere it, I used the triple thick layer gloss to give it a nice shine and finish.

Tada! Listed on my Etsy shop. Naturally I had to have my own too :P

So I really have no clue what type of paper it is. I have seen some etsy sellers say 'washi' and some 'chiyogami'. No idea what the difference was between the two. At the time of listing (which is everytime!), I had to rush things. Everything these days is a rush. While I love making stuff, I do wish I had more time to spend on the nitty gritty details - especially - since I am a perfectionist! As you can see, I have failed to cut this paper straight plus did I mention I love it too much? So this particular one is mine. I will have to make another one, actually a few more and list them on the shop. Anywho, I digress. My point IS - since the paper came with nothing english on it except for the price tag, and since I was in a real hurry to list this and post it (I'm sure it was Daniel waking up or could've been Cammy whining for me), no time to look up the definition, I just naturally assumed it is the chiyogami kind of japanese paper.

I guess I should verify at some point and make sure my definition is correct.

No comments: